Friday, April 20, 2012

The Flame Reignited: Superb Soccer Influences


As you can tell by my absence here, I have been fully immersed in my work during the second year at North Meck SC. In addition to my previous roles, I now oversee an age group in the Youth Academy. This is a huge honor and responsibility- I am now accountable for the development upwards of 40+ players in our U9 boys pool.

As I continue to dig deeper back in the game that I once thought rejected me, I think it's important to take some time to reflect on how my love for the sport was rekindled. I chose these three influences as the most impactful in my first two years back in the game. They are:


All three of these accomplished and knowledgeable men have helped resuscitate my career in and commitment to the game of soccer. Without them (and many others not listed) I would probably be selling something I didn't believe in- I would certainly be doing some sort of work with a desire and passion dwarfed by that of my current position.

As I mentioned, these are just three main mentors extremely early on in my (hopefully) very long coaching career. They have been nothing short of instrumental in me finding a home back in the game that taught me so much and played such a major role in my life. I pray that I continue to meet more inspiring professionals further down the line such as these three.

In an attempt to thank and honor their contributions to my own personal development, I choose the written word to express my gratitude and genuine appreciation for not only their shared wisdom and experiences, but also their friendship.

Cheers gentlemen, and here’s to many more great times in the future...

No comments: