Monday, February 9, 2009

Foreword

“What are you going to blog about and who’s going to read your blog anyway?”
-gf

In response to my girlfriend’s question, I first laughed- as that has got to be the world’s WORST response to someone declaring that they are starting a blog. After the laughter and insecurity subsided, I thought about it…

What do I really want to blog about?

I addressed this question first because; well, quite frankly I couldn’t give two shits if 1 or 1 million people read my blog. Not really in it for the audience although I do love the attention! At its core, a blog is essentially an online journal or a specific kind of site that delivers up to date news on a particular subject. A blog is current and informative but in a playful, forum style format.

I regret to inform you that my only area of any sort of expertise is in the world of sports. Sure, some days sport may dominate the headlines in “GB’s World” but there will certainly be diverse enough content here for everyone- if not, ask and ye shall receive.

The use of this blog is to provide me with a platform to voice my writings, riffs, thoughts, concerns and observations about today’s world. Maybe it’s an iGeneration thing to think that everyone can have their 2 cents thrown in or perhaps it’s just a way to pass the time until the next thing comes along. Anyway, I have always enjoyed writing about many different things and now I have the time and creative freedom to do as I please.

If you’re reading this… Welcome! Please feel free to engage & contribute your thoughts as you see fit or you can sit back, relax and prepare to be entertained by my shenaniganz. Either way- this blog should be used as fodder for further discussion.

Cheers,
gb

No comments: